Doctorate of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering May 2015 (Expected)
Emphasis: Delay Tolerant Networking, Wireless Networks and Cyber Physical Systems
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering May 2012
Emphasis: Wireless Systems and Controls
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering June 2010
Emphasis: Control Systems
California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering May 2008
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
National Treasurer May 2012 – Present
- Managed the budget and protected the integrity of the entire society (~$10m operationally, ~$12m in reserves)
- Restructured and introduced new sustainable financial models
- Strategically placed funds in areas that supported the mission of the organization.
- Managed the National Finance Zone
- Chaired the Convention Planning Committee Task Force (CPC Task Force)
- Chaired the Funds Management Committee
Region Six Chairperson Emeritus and Parliamentarian May 2009 – April 2010
- Advised the Region Six administrative and finance zone.
- Facilitated Region Six meetings
CAMS NSBE Jr. Chapter Co-Advisor May 2009 – April 2010
- Organized meetings for NSBE Jr. Students
- Helped prepare students for the SAT/ACT
- Assisted students in their college applications
- Assisted students in robot building and solar panel car design
Region Six Chairperson May 2008 – April 2009
- Served on the National Executive Board responsible for key organization decisions.
- Managed 20 Executive Board Members across the west coast.
- Served as the liaison for Region Six members to the Regional and National Executive Board
Region Six Treasurer May 2007 – April 2008
- Managed $125,000.00 Regional Budget to facilitate three conferences.
- Advised Region Six Chapter Treasurers
SJSU Chapter Telecommunications Chairperson May 2005 – April 2008
- Created and managed the chapter website
- Managed the communications zone
SJSU Chapter PCI Chairperson May 2006 – April 2007
- Organized meetings and programs for high school students
- Advised/mentored high school students about college
- Chaperoned students to conferences
SJSU Chapter Historian May 2004 – April 2005
- Photographer during meetings and programs
- Kept track of accomplishments of the chapter during the year
SJSU Chapter Senator May 2004 – April 2005
- Listened to National and Regional candidates platforms and voted for candidates on behalf of my chapter
NSBE LEADERSHIP Training
- National Leadership Institute (2013)
- National Leadership Institute (2012)
- Region Six Transition Meeting (2009)
- National Leadership Institute (2008)
- National Executive Board Transition Meeting (2008)
- National Leadership Institute (2007)
- Region Six Transition Meeting (2008)
- Region Six Transition Meeting (2007)
- Region Six Transition Meeting (2006)
Intel, Santa Clara, CA October 2012 – January 2013
RF Architecture Intern
- Conducted research on Bluetooth 4.0 RSSI proximity detection and implementation.
Intel, Hillsboro, OR May 2012 – August 2012
- Part of the Intel Collaborators program. Helped manage and program a team that enabled one button touch gaming on wireless displays using C,C++, and C#. Also conducted research on Bluetooth 4.0 RSSI proximity detection.
Intel, Santa Clara, CA June 2010 – August 2010
Software Engineering Graduate Intern
- Wrote code in an Intel proprietary language for Intel graphic cards to test cards performance and identify bugs in the compiler.
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino, CA February 2007 – August 2008
Software Engineering Intern
- Wrote test automation code using VB Script for HP Itanium Servers. Scripts tested HP’s Software Management Software and made sure servers were reporting accurate system information.
University of Florida, Wireless and Mobile Systems Laboratory, Gainesville FL August 2010 – Present
Conducted research under Dr. Janise McNair in Wireless Networks in the area of Cyber Physical Systems. Investigating socially aware delay tolerant networking using short-range communications such as Bluetooth.
University of Southern California, Brain and Body Dynamics Lab, Los Angeles CA February 2009 – May 2010
Thesis: Design and Implementation of a Non-Linear Dynamical System Replicating Spring Buckling Behavior
Conducted research under Dr. Francisco Valero-Cuevas to use a linear motor in place of a spring to replicate the edge of instability using the duffing equation. The device can be used to measure the strength and dexterity of a patient’s hand and how much vision factors in when dexterity deteriorates.
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Intel Scholar/The National GEM Consortium Fellow, PhD (2010–present)
- NSF LSAMP Bridges to the Doctorate Fellow (2008–2010)
- Hewlett Packard Scholar (2004–2008)
- NSBE Silicon Valley Chapter Scholarship (2008)
- NSBE Chapter Executive Board Member of the year (2005–2006)